‘Om Sarvamangala mangalye Shive! Sarvartha Sadhike
Sharanye Tryambake Devi! Narayani! Namostu Te !’
The much-awaited Chaitra Navratri are here. They hold a very special place in Hinduism. They are commencing on the 2nd of April and ending on the Ram Navmi which is on 11th of April.
They are also known as the Vasant Navratri. Each day of the Navratri is dedicated to the Nine avatars of Maa Durga.
They are Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidatri.
The nine days are filled with Divinity and Prayers in respect of Goddess Durga. The Navratri in every home is marked with bright and colourful decorations.
Special preparations are being done in every home to Welcome and Worship the Nine Avatars of Maa Durga.
Some of the Steps to be taken to make our homes ready for Welcoming Maa Durga are :
- The first step is to Declutter our homes. Maa Durga resides in Cleanliness which can only be done by removing unwanted things in the home.
- Decorate the homes with Flowers. Flower Curtains in the rooms not only add to the home décor but also give a welcoming beautiful fragrance.
- Give an Antique look to the home décor. Decorate with Traditional Earthen Art like Earthen Flowerpots, Earthen Diyas, Earthen Idols, Earthen Planters and Vases.
Look for them at
- Apart from the items required for the Puja ritual, one must buy and bring an item of Silver which is said to improve the financial condition of the house. It should be first offered to the Deity and then used.
- On the first day of Navratri, a Red Flag should be brought and kept at the place of worship for nine days. It signifies Travelling Abroad.
- Buy a small Clay house and keep it near the Maa Durga idol for the nine days of worship. This is to help in Family Love and Bonding.
- A Mauli Thread is considered auspicious for worship. Putting nine knots on it and placing it in front of the Idol brings the certainty of wishes being fulfilled.
- To worship Goddess Durga, items related to Marital Life are required. This brings happiness and good luck in one’s marital life. On the ninth day, these items are put in front of the Maa Idol and worshipped.
Kalash Sthapna or Ghatsthapna is an important ritual to be followed on the first day of the Navratri during Pratipada. It is done to welcome Maa Durga and preserve the sanity of the home during the nine nights of Navratri.
- The Akhand Diya is a pre-requisite for the Navratri puja. It is lighted on all the days of Navratri signifying Maa’s presence.
Lupaava has some exquisite Akhand Diyas of metal to lighten up your homes.
- Homes are also decorated with beautiful Wall Hangings, Flower and Colour Rangolis at their entrances to welcome the Deity.
- The first and foremost item that is required for the approaching Chaitra Navratri is the Idol od Maa Durga.
We, at the Lupaava Online Home Décor Store, have various beautiful, artistic and exquisite idols of Maa Durga available in different sizes. They are made of polyresin, clay or glass, as required by our valued customer.
We also have various items of home décor which can be used to adorn your homes during the Navratri.
Since the Festival of Navratri is actually dedicated to the Power OF Women, it won’t be wrong to Gift our dear and loved female members of the family and friends.
We are pleased to inform you that we have various categories of Gift items too!